FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)

Q1What is the influence of high temperatures on the magnetic assembly?

A1Temperatures over 150 degrees Celsius will affect the magnet material and the magnetic assembly will lose its retentive force. Please take care not to expose the magnet to temperatures over 150 degrees Celsius. For example:

  • Do not use high-pressure sterilization on the magnetic assembly as it may be exposed to high temperatures in the process.
  • Do not carry out polymerization by microwave oven with the magnetic assembly set in the overdenture. In case of reline or rebase for the overdenture, please remove the magnetic assembly before the polymerization.
  • Do not heat the magnetic assembly by burner or solder when removing it from the denture base.

Q2During fitting of the magnetic assembly in the overdenture, can the magnetic assembly be modified by grinding or shaving the outside casing?

A2No. Please do not grind the magnet assembly as it may damage the hermetic seal causing the magnet to corrode and the magnetic assembly to lose its attractive force. Also, scratches on the attractive face of either magnetic assembly or keeper may cause loss of attractive force.

Q3What cautions need to be taken during the pickling process after casting?

A3Do not use strong acids such as hydrocholoric acid for pickling of root caps. This may deteriorate the outside surface and cause corrosion. Carefully follow the instructions of the pickling agent. Do not use deteriorated acids, high temperatures, or a long period of time for pickling. Please thoroughly clean the root cap after the pickling process.

Q4What is the influence of the external magnetic field from the magnetic assembly?

A4The magnetic leakage flux is very small while the magnetic assembly is placed onto the keeper. However, please do not place the magnetic assembly onto watches or magnetic reader cards directly as it may affect the operation of those devices.

Q5Can magnetic attachments be used on patients with metal allergies?

A5Do not apply this product to patients who have a history of metal allergies.